Wednesday 27 May 2009

web piracy

A media publishing contact mailed me last week to ask if I knew a person who had been in touch with him regarding a marketing package for a client in the USA. Why was this of interest to me? Thet person had used a version of my company name and more strikingly the words they had used in their introductory e mail about their company was taken word for word from my website, down to the descriptor of the services I offer......


Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery or a cyber pirate?

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it Jim,
    I have had Wayne and Dee, the two hired help chefs on P1 last year, open their own website advertising that they were employed by P1 as catering consultants to enhance the profile in the corporate hospitality sector.
    We couldn't believe it.
    They were employed by Alchemy.
    These kind of people, who lets face it inadvertantly are complimenting us because they are too illeducated and out of touch with the business that they profess to be in, that they need to plagiarise work created by the guys that know.
    In the words of my late father,(Son, in life you will meet people who know, you will also meet people who don't know, and there is nothing wrong with any of that. But watch out for the ones who don't know they don't know!!!)

    Take care Jim, catch you later!
    Tony.

    ReplyDelete